Missing Shallotte man’s body found

Tags: , , , ,

Submitted: Wed, 04/30/2008 - 3:46am
Updated: Thu, 07/14/2011 - 6:38pm

SHALLOTTE, NC (WWAY) — A sad end to the search for a missing man. Around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday police found the body of Shallotte realtor Adam Bradshaw in a wooded area at the end of Watts Road off Ocean Isle Beach Road in Shallotte.

His body has been sent to Chapel Hill for an autopsy.

Investigators are still looking for his 2007 dark blue convertible Ford Mustang. The personalized North Carolina license tag reads C21KING. If you have any information call Shallotte Police at (910) 754-6008 or the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Department at (910) 253-2777.

The discovery of the body was the news Adam’s wife Shannon Bradshaw had been fearing. She spoke with NewsChannel3’s Tim Pulliam about her concerns just hours before the body was found in an exclusive interview.

"He wouldn’t not come home," Shannon Bradshaw said. "He loved me. He loved his son. There’s no way he would want to be away from his son."

Shannon says the last time she spoke with Adam was around 4:30 p.m. Saturday. She says he was excited, because he had just sold a house. Shannon says Adam told her after work he was going to run a few errands before heading home.

"He didn’t come home that night," she said. "I tried to call his cell phone, and I left messages. There was no answer."

That’s when Shannon’s frustration turned into concern for her husband’s lateness. When Adam didn’t show up the next day, she called Shallotte Police.

"I don’t know, that’s the hardest part, not knowing what happened," Shannon said. "Where did he go? It’s like he vanished in thin air; car and all. There’s the possibility that he may never come back. I don’t want to think about that. I don’t want my son to grow up with out his father."

It is a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to all of his family. It looks like the company that he worked so hard for would at least put out a wreath in recognititon that they have lost someone – someone important. It would be most respectable for them to close but they have not shown any kind of respect in their loss. His family deserves nothing less than a public show of respect.

• ronin says:

None of you even knew him. What gives? He’d end up the same way regardless because real estate agents are evil pieces of dung and more of them WILL turn up this way. Maybe sooner, maybe later..you never know. Perhaps if he taken on a profession which protected families from losing their properties instead of scoffing them, then maybe he’s be alive today. He chose his profession and he certainly died for it. It was his choice. So many real esate agents are vultures and now it is time that they became the carcass for a change. Now Adam knows how it feels to take someone else’s life. We cannot cry for everyone, some folks get what they ask for, I do not understand this phony massive sorrow, I mean, like who CARES already! I only wished that Craig would have taken care of a few of them right here and he would be shown where they work and live. Maybe then these real estate bastards will taste their own fate. Good RIddance and I am so sure that this will not be published, the point is that this is out there and some one is reading it ….and that person just maybe YOU!

• Shallotte gentleman says:

Its a terrible thing when someones life is snatched away. My heart goes out to the family. I agree with the person who made the comment that Century 21 should put a wreath out in rememberance. Does the Owner / BIC not have respect or is he heartless. My God show some Respect Adam worked many hours for your firm and Im sure he made your firm money by his hard work.

• Anonymous says:

I hope they catch the animal who snuffed out this young man’s life and denied a little baby the joy of this father and a wife the love of her husband.

I knew Adam he was a nice guy. My heart goes out to the family. I know how much a tragic loss like this hurts. In time you will heal. He will always be with you in your heart and in his son.

• GuestfaithinGod says:

This makes me sad to read. May God be with the family during this horrible time for you! How tragic.

• Risika says:

I knew him… he helped me and my fiance tremendously. he was a great man. My heart goes out to his wife and son.

this is very sad to hear i knew him he was a very nice man. To the family: i am sorry for your lost

• heelfan says:

MAY GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY I WILL PRAY FOR COMFORT AND RESTORATION,OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU,GODSPEED.

Adam was my friend. I will miss him.

• LADY BUG says:

YES HE WILL BE MISSED VERY MUCH SO. JUST PLEASE KEEP THE FAMILY IN THERE PRAYERS RIGHT NOW. MY HEART GOES OUT TO ALL OF YOU

• A friend says:

Adam, you were a great person. You were silly and kind, you went above and beyond for anyone and everyone. You were a hard worker and a great father.

Goodbye friend.

• Alltel says:

Our hearts and prayers are with the Bradshaw family as well as with the community of Shallotte. It’s a sad day when a memember of our samll community is taken in such a tragic way. Let’s all pray for the family and for our police department that they may find the person that committed such a horrible crime and bring peace to Mrs. Bradshaw and her son.

• Contingency14 says:

To Ms. Bradshaw,
    God bless you and your son. I will be praying that they find the person/persons responsible and bring closure and justice to your husband.

May God Bless you and keep you.

• Elizabeth Shreves says:

Shannon. We met once a while back when you went with Adam to show a house. I have seen the beautiful baby since. I am sorry for this loss and I know that Adam is in a better place. Please except my condulences.