DOWNTOWN WILMINGTON, NC (NEWS RELEASE) — Vendors and music start at 5 p.m. on Water Street.
The fireworks show begins at 9:05 p.m.
Here are a few important tips to remember: Coming downtown Vehicles should park on the side of downtown (with Chestnut Street being the dividing line) that is closest to the direction they will travel after the fireworks have ended. See map at right, which is also posted on our website.
Parking Decks – the following decks will charge a $7 event fee beginning at 2 p.m.
· Market Street deck · 2nd Street deck
· NHC deck beside downtown library
· Convention Center parking deck
Water Street deck – upper level will be closed to pedestrians and vehicles. The lower level will be open for parking with access from Grace Street between Water and Front streets with a $10 event fee.
On street parking – free all day/evening Thursday.
· The event area along Water Street will close at 1:30 p.m. for setup.
· Chestnut Street between Front and 3rd streets will close as early as 5 p.m. for WPD staging/traffic purposes.
· Streets west of 3rd Street toward the river to close as early as 6 p.m. (Once parking is no longer available, streets will close.)
Best view of fireworks – This year, the fireworks will be launched from a barge in the river instead of from Battleship Park, but the best viewing areas will remain the same. There will be a safety zone for 30 minutes after the fireworks around the launch site. No thru boating traffic will be allowed.
Check here for more detailed information, including a printable map with parking and street closure information.