New poll shows McCrory approval dropping

Tags: , , , ,

Submitted: Thu, 08/15/2013 - 3:59am
Updated: Thu, 08/15/2013 - 4:07am

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) – North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory has seen his approval rating decline since his inauguration, according to a new poll released Wednesday.

The left-leaning firm Public Policy Polling says just 39 percent approve of the job McCrory is doing, while 51 percent disapprove.

The PPP surveyed 600 North Carolina voters using automated phone interviews between August 8 and 11.

One local resident we spoke to Wednesday says she isn’t pleased with what she sees coming from Raleigh.

“The thing that concerned me the most is that it sounds like North Carolina is moving in the opposite direction of the progress that it has been making over the last few years,” said Alisha Crete.

The governor’s staff said Wednesday its own internal polling shows otherwise.

• Voter says:

I just read a local paper with an artical headline.. “The popular voter ID law was signed by the NC Govornor”. Yet on the other hand… the liberals and ill informed… like to cotinue to lead people down the same old road they have for years. Keep’em dummed down with the red herring…”unpopulare voting ID law”, “suppression” etc.

• John A. Difloure says:

What results would you expect from 600 low information liberals?

• jj says:

He will have my vote again.

This administration has the opportunity to fix the mess that was left to him. He’s not interested in being popular or cultivating a relationship with those thieves on public assistance who are just too lazy to work and want everything given to them. I’m tired of working to support lazy, ignorant people. He loves this state. I believe there are more like me than you think…like it or not. Wah Wah

• Monkey Junction says:

Interesting to see how the conservatives attack the polls and the people polled instead of looking at the reasons why the governor’s numbers are dropping. This administration has one term written all over it. Enjoy it while it lasts because it will be over soon.

• ncvike says:

The slanted press coverage helps lead people to think erroneously. Almost everything I’ve heard that has passed or is in the works, I’ve agreed with. It says a lot when McCrory vetoed the immigration bill that started out with meat, but ended up with just potatoes and knowing the press would spin it. I am anxious to see results of some of the changes.
    McCrory definitely has my vote in the next election.

• ncvike says:

It must be the crowd you hang around. Most people I talk with support McCrory.

• Guesty1 says:

Pretty much everybody I know is completyely disgusted with our Gov and our idiotic General Assembly. They all claim to be Conservatives but now that the rubber has hit the road they’re taxing, raising fees (basically another name for a tax), running off businesses, trashing our beautiful state’s natural resources and attacking our civil liberties.
    I can only hope we will be able to right the damage they are doing come next election.
    NC has become a national embarrassment thanks to this lowbrow General Assembly.
    Wake up NC citizens before it’s too late.
    I’m sure the citizens of Mississippi are jumpping for joy right about now – Mississippi’s new state slogan “thank God for North Carolina!”

• ncvike says:

It says right in the article the company taking the poll is left leaning. We all know a poll can have whatever results you want just by the wording.

• robo says:

This is a very small poll. And, even if it is even remotely accurate, it should be expected that his approval rating would drop as he takes the necessary steps to reverse the runnaway policies of his predecessor.

I think we all know you must have gone to a private school or a charter school, just look at your spelling….”artical” instead of article, “Govornor instead of Governor, “unpopulare” instead of unpopular, with spelling like that you have to be a conservative!!!

• concernedvoter2 says:

I could make a comment about conservatives only believing facts that benefit them here, but ill refuse.

The bill may have some mass appeal, but certain provisions are quite unpopular.

Even if the bill is wildly popular, if it disenfranchises any voters, the federal government can have it challenged… This is because this affects federal elections.

I think its a stretch to say the bill doesnt target groups that lean democratic.

The facts bear that out.

In this country, even if you are in the minority, your rights cannot be violated. That is why the judicial branch is so very important.

Actually, his poor spelling is more likely a result of the government school system. I grew up in a Christian school. Whenever a kid transferred in from a public school he or she was always behind us academically. We also had tougher standards to graduate than the state required. I have one daughter in the government school system and one who graduated out of it last year. I can say that the academics have gone down hill since I was in school. If I had been able to afford a private school, my children would have never stepped one foot inside a government school.

• Guest2021 says:

I found completely the opposite in Christian vs. Public School systems. I sent both my children to private Christian schools at a very early age. After transferring to Public School system, both were behind age level studies. After additional help from Public School to catch-up (at no extra cost), they both excelled the following years (GATE student levels). After falling for the propaganda the Private Schooling to be superior, I surprised to find that Private School teachers only made minimum wage plus they didn’t the same education levels as the Public School teachers.

• Vog46 says:

according to other media outlets the support McLiar had with independent voters has evaporated which is the reason for the abnormal numbers. And yes I’m sure McLiars internal polling is positive, heck all of Smiley’s internal polling was positive as well.

Voter Registration as of 08/15/2013
    Democratic: 2,766,567
    Republican: 1,989,011
    Unaffiliated: 1,684,425
    Libertarian: 21,479
    Total: 6,461,482

If McLiar is losing he independents or unaffiliated voters the above info says he MAY be a one timer

Vog

• nc tax payer says:

only good republican are the dead ones republicans are like snakes i just wish we could kill them both

• joe says:

This is BS… Funny how these polls come out but you can’t find anyone who was polled unless you speak with someone who attended a rally or demonstration protesting the person to whom the poll is being taken against.

• jj says:

Yea, and the 51% are the ones not getting the free handouts.