One assaulted during home invasion

Tags: , ,

Submitted: Wed, 10/02/2013 - 2:32am
Updated: Wed, 10/02/2013 - 4:30am

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Police are on the scene of an apparent home invasion at the 1000 block of Fanning Street.

A black male, approximately 6’0″, forced his way into a home and assaulted one of the occupants.

Investigators say he dropped an airsoft pistol while leaving.

Police are still investigating. We have a reporter on the scene and will update you as more information becomes available.

• Morty Sussman says:

Why is the suspects race mentioned? Maybe the “black male” feels like a white man inside? The ACLU should sue WWAY for mentioning race in a crime story. Besides, crime is WWAY down.

• Of course says:

Maybe they mentioned race and height as the only description the victims could give? Good job trying to make everything racial

• beach guy says:

maybe the aclu could get involved with this and make sure the perps rights are not violated.
    I hope no ever tries that at my house there will be one hell of a mess to clean up

• Guest Timekeeper says:

Beach guy…….there should be very little mess if you use the correct home-defense ammo. There are rounds that fragment once inside a subject. This offers maximum knock-down capabilities and internal destruction while ensuring the round does not penetrate the body, exiting and injuring someone else. My .38 Special is loaded with this ammo.

Or maybe they mentioned race so they could have a better description of who the hell to look for so they can catch and convict someone.

• Gimmea Break says:

I can’t believe the idiocy of claiming that reporting the perp was a black male is racist… why not say WWAY is a heightist as well for saying he was 6’0, or a sexist for saying he was a male, or even a humanist for saying he was a living human. I suppose the story should have read “Biological, asexual being kicked in door of innocent human.”. I’m sure that would help catch the perp(s)… give me a break. If this is the state of the human race; crying about the rights of filthy scum criminals, I can only hope and pray a super nova of our sun will occur tomorrow. At least then the next civilization to form will have a chance of not being such babies.

• beach guy says:

I wasn’t referring to blood spatter I was referring to the bodily function when my hand cannon goes off!