$10K reward offered for stolen guns

Tags: , , , , ,

Submitted: Sat, 08/30/2014 - 1:31am
Updated: Sat, 08/30/2014 - 3:36am

NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Investigators are offering a reward for helping find whoever is responsible for stealing dozens of handguns.

On July 28th, someone broke into Wilmington Guns in the 7000 block of Market Street; stealing 39 handguns.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) and the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office are investigating.

The ATF is offering a reward of $5,000, which will be matched by the National Shooting Sports Foundation for a total reward of $10,000

Anyone with information about this crime should contact ATF.

• Barry says:

Don’t worry. They should start showing up around Creekwood in a few days.

• Vog46 says:

Houston Moore ‘ain’t no slouches’ either Barry…..

Vog

• M says:

Its scary to think that someone that idiotic is out there that has a variety of that many guns in their possession. Why do you need to break in and take 39 firearms…

• Walter Bowden says:

Why was it so easy to steal almost 40 handguns in the first place? Aren’t gun dealers required to use some kind of secure system/video and other safety measures to keep this kind of thing happening? I have worked in gunshops and jewelery stores with large safes and pull down door barricades and silent alarms, etc. for security. B T W, did the bad guys get some hollow point ammo while they wereat it?

• Capone says:

Walter Bowden- u are an idiot. U r exactly what is wrong with society. U want to blame the owner of the business for a few punks breaking into the business and stealing their merchandise?? Use some basic common sense…clown.

• Tracie C says:

I don’t find his question worthy of your name calling Capone. Before I scrolled down to the comments I was asking myself the very same. However, I’m not “blaming” the store owner for the act of theft and the invasion of his property.
    The IDIOT in modern day society is the one who buries their head in the sand and believes that we’re not surrounded by people who do things like steal guns.
    A gun store owner has a large responsibility, in my opinion, to assure it be next to impossible for this type of thing to happen.
    Hence the question….
    (Do you know what I find wrong with society Capone? I find it wrong that a person so quick to call another person an “idiot” can’t even use proper spelling of simple words like “you” in a public forum. Take that to the circus……clown).

• Walter Bowden says:

Thank you for chiming in Tracy. I think Mark Twain said; “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” I made my point wothout demeaning anyone and I do wish Capone well.